Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Three Quick Tips On How To Get In Shape For Summer

By   | 

As you know, I like to get in depth with health and functional medicine as I see some very serious cases. With that being said, I understand that I need to simplify concepts for people who just want to lose 20 pounds and feel better. Here are three easy tips you should follow if you want to have more energy and lose some unwanted weight for the summer.

Cut out all breads, bagels, cereals, pizza, pasta and grains for that matter. I know I will get questions on what about quinoa, spelt, ancient grains, whole wheat, whole grains, etc. I am not going to explain the difference as I do that in the forthcoming book but the quick and easy response is eliminate these carbs mentioned above. You replace them with healthy fats like olive oil, coconut oil, avocadoes, almond butter, nut butter, fatty fish, a few almonds/walnuts/macadamia nuts, organic eggs if not sensitive and grass fed organic meats.

Reduce your stress levels by practicing meditation, yoga, prayer, etc.. This is easier said than done but you can see a qualified practitioner who can run your labs so you will know your stress numbers. This is unbelievably important as stress leads to weight gain and even death. Trust me on this folks. The hormone cortisol is produced when you are under stress and you have four times as many cortisol receptors around your midsection and that is where the fat gets stored for most people.

I always inform my patients and clients to just move. Emotion is created by motion. Movement
causes your neurotransmitters to activate, you feel better and will even shed a few calories. Now I am not someone who counts calories and cares about how much I burn but quick, "relatively difficult" workouts get the heart rate up, blood flowing, hormones activated and metabolism moving. When you exercise for three to four times a week for thirty to forty minutes each session, you will see an expenditure of calories and this will point the scale in the right direction.

In my practice, I see people with varying health problems and disease. I would say that up to 95% of their cases can be resolved by changing their nutrition plan, making lifestyle adjustments and having a quality workout program that is congruent with their physiology and lab results. There is nothing better than seeing a client transform their life and progress every day.

Thank you,
Mike

http://www.mikedaciuk.com
Please listen to us at Interactive Body Balance on iTunes or at http://www.mikedaciuk.com. You can also e-mail us at info@mikedaciuk.com. Thanks
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Mike_J_Daciuk/1215965

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9453855
Photo 2: By Raquel Baranow, Wiki Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment